Contents and Liability Insurance


Protect the value of your valuables

The average UK household contains around £43,000 worth of possessions - so why not take out Contents and Liability Insurance to protect your belongings and the risk of accidental damage to your new property?*

Let the experts in property protection help you find a policy that works for you.

Talk to our insurance specialists

*Source: Q3 2020 Home Insurance Index,

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Experts in property protection

Where does this fit in your Goodlord journey?

Sign up to Goodlord to reserve your new place and complete referencing
Hear about our contents insurance options
Set up your utilities
Finalise your tenancy
Access broadband and media deals
Move in to your new home!

What's covered?

Contents cover for damage caused by fire, theft, malicious damage, vandalism, subsidence, heave or landslip, storm, flood and escape of water or oil.

Visitors' belongings up to £1,000.

Standard accidental damage cover for electronics and more.

Alternative accommodation expenses up to a maximum of £10,000.

Tenants Liability Cover of up to £10,000 per incident.

Optional extras

Full accidental damage cover.

Legal expenses cover of up to £100,000.

Contents outside the home for up to 90 consecutive days.

Terms and conditions apply, always read the policy wording.

Key features

Contents and liability insurance, all in one place


The prospect of having to replace your belongings is daunting - but with the right insurance protecting them, it doesn’t have to be. We also recognise accidents can happen, so we offer a combined insurance product, with £10,000 liability cover as standard, to protect you from any accidental damage to your landlord’s fixtures and fittings.

Expert support from a dedicated team


Our team of experts is here to support you in finding the right policy for your needs and help answer any questions you may have. We’ll present a range of options so you don’t have to hunt for them.

Comparison service for an informed decision 


We work with different insurers to provide you with a comparison service to find a policy that meets your needs. We’ll give you different pricing options so you can make an informed decision on protecting your belongings.

Did you know that you can also benefit from other great deals and offers through Goodlord?

As part of your journey with Goodlord, you’ll have access to broadband and media deals, to help you get move-in ready. You just need to follow the links in your homepage, on the Goodlord platform, to get set up.

Talk to our insurance specialists today

Just give us a few details and we'll be happy to help you.
Fill out my online form.

Frequently asked questions

No. We understand that moving is an expensive process. That’s why you’ll pay nothing upfront for your policy and you can choose to pay monthly as well - while making sure you have the right protection in place from the day you move in.

Yes. Your policy will replace all items as new, aside from clothing, where a certain amount of wear and tear is expected.

You can choose liability cover as a separate policy - however, you’ll be covered for tenants liability as standard within your contents insurance policy.

Your policy will cover you and anyone living with you under your tenancy agreement - but other tenants will have to take out their own policy if they don’t meet this criteria.

No, but you may be asked to give receipts and photos of any items that you claim on, so you should make sure you keep tabs on the high value items.