Illness and Injury Insurance


Protect your rent and bills from illness and injury

Do you know how you'd pay your rent or bills if you were too ill or injured to work? Illness and Injury Insurance*, provided by Legal & General, could be the answer, bringing you peace of mind while you recover.

*Terms and conditions apply, always read the policy wording

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Illness and Injury Insurance provided by Legal & General

Where does this fit in your Goodlord journey?

Sign up to Goodlord to reserve your new place and complete referencing
Hear about our contents insurance options
Set up utilities
Finalise your tenancy
Learn about protecting your rent and bills from illness and injury
Access broadband and media deals
Move in to your new home!

What is illness and injury insurance?

If you were to fall ill or sustain an injury that stopped you from working for an extended period, the statutory sick pay is £96.35 per week. This may not be enough to help support your lifestyle and help you continue to pay your monthly rent, bills, childcare, etc. That's where illness and injury insurance comes in. It could pay out a monthly benefit if you're unable to work due to illness or injury.


Tailor-made for renters


Not everyone is a homeowner - in fact, renting is on the rise in the UK. With a policy based on your rental payments, you can choose the right cover for you as a modern-day renter.

Bespoke options


Find a policy to suit you so you can stop worrying about paying your rent and focus on getting back on your feet.


Tax-free payouts


Payouts on any accepted claim would be tax free, up to £2,000, and paid into your account on a monthly basis, to help you budget while you're off work.

Flexible cover


If your earnings or outgoings change, you can adapt your cover, provided you meet certain eligibility criteria.

Speedy, hassle-free quotes


You can get a quote through Legal & General, all online and within 3 minutes. You'll simply need to estimate your rent, bills, and other regular outgoings to get the right cover to support your lifestyle.

Did you know that you can protect your belongings too, with Contents and Liability Insurance?

Our team of experts can help you find a policy that works for you, to protect your belongings and protect you for any accidental damage to your landlord’s fixtures and fittings. Find out more...

Frequently asked questions

You can apply for this insurance if you're employed, or self-employed, working 16 or more hours a week, and a UK resident aged between 18 and 55.

There is no defined list of illnesses or injuries covered. Our team will assess each claim on a case-by-case basis.

Your income is covered if you have an accident or become ill and need to take continuous time off work for four weeks or more. The maximum payout you can receive is determined based on 60% of gross income, capped at £2,000 a month. This is the equivalent maximum payout for an annual gross income of £40,000. If you earn more than this, your monthly payout will be capped at £2,000.

You’ll need to be off work for at least four weeks before you can make a claim. You’ll then get your
payout monthly, at the end of each month.

You'll need to be working 16 or more hours per week to take the policy out. Illness and Injury Insurance is not unemployment cover so it won’t pay out if you become unemployed. If you become unemployed while you have the policy, you can still claim if you become ill or injured, as long as you’ve continued to pay for the policy after becoming unemployed.